Colonial First State Global Assest Management ("CFSGAM") provides management and development services for retail shopping centres. These services range from the day-to-day management of shopping centres to redeveloping and expanding the centres.
Protecting information, particularly personal information, is important to us. The following information is intended to explain how CFSGAM collects, uses and safeguards your personal information. This information is based on the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988.
Personal Information Collection
CFSGAM in carrying out its management role has a need to collect personal information. This information may be collected directly by us or through contractor arrangement with a third party eg security firm. The type of information collected will depend on the particular aspect of the business to which it relates. It could be specific details regarding name and address or simply information relating to shopping preferences and interest in attending promotions.
Personal information is collected, held and used for the following purposes:
- To meet legal obligations.
- To enable necessary communication to be made with existing or prospective tenants of the shopping centres. This could include out of hours contact details in case of an emergency.
- To assist in the assessment of a tenant to met their financial commitments to CFSPM. This could include some form of personal guarantee from individuals involved in the tenant's business.
- To record details of incidents that may occur at any of the centres and which may require subsequent follow up.
- To enable CFSGAM to market and promote the shopping centres. Part of its role as manager of the centres is to seek ways to encourage shoppers to the centres and assist retailers to increase their sales.
Third parties to whom CFSGAM may disclose your personal information include:
- Our agents who maintain information on our behalf
- Owners of Shopping Centres for whom we provide property management services
- Regulatory authorities, or as required to fulfil legal and regulatory requirements
- Related and non related entities for purposes of marketing the Centres; and
- Service providers who assist us in assessing the capability of an existing or prospective tenant to meet its financial obligations.
- Your personal details are not available to all staff at CFSGAM. Access to your information is restricted to those who require the information to provide our services to you.
Access and Correction
You can contact any of our Shopping Centre Management Offices or our Chadstone Head Office if you would like details of your personal information that we hold about you or if you would like to correct some aspect of it.
To ensure the integrity and security of your personal information, CFSGAM will only disclose such personal information if our internal procedures are satisfied. Depending on the nature of your request, we may ask you to complete a personal request form. In certain cases we may charge you a fee for this service but we would inform you of this prior to proceeding.
Our Company Secretary has been allocated responsibility for privacy issues. He can be contacted by writing to the following address:
PO Box 104,
Chadstone Centre Vic 3148
Storage and Security of Personal Information
Personal information is mainly held in secure electronic databases. We use a range of security processes to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information that we hold.
Changes to this Statement
Any changes to this statement that may be made from time to time will be available on our website - CFSGAM Asset management. To obtain a copy of our latest privacy statement please contact one of our Centre Management Offices or our Company Secretary at the above address.
If you would like any further information or wish to lodge a complaint please contact our Company Secretary on (03) 9936 1222.